Here are ten of the leading ways in which a man’s use of Internet pornography can damage marital love, according to Dr. Richard Fitzgibbons of the Institute for Marital Healing:
- Growth in narcissism, the major enemy of marital love.
- Lack of refinement in self-giving to the romantic aspect of marriage and to the intimate relationship.
- Obsession with one’s own pleasure.
- Decreased self-giving to one’s spouse.
- Diminished communication with one’s spouse and harm to the marital friendship.
- Damage to the wife’s ability to trust and then to experience pleasure with her husband.
- Marital loneliness, anger and conflicts.
- A disordered view of beauty, goodness, the human person and sexuality.
- Increased vulnerability to commit adultery.
- Marital separation.
This post was written by Dr Fitzgibbons. For the original post, go to: http://www.foryourmarriage.org/ten-ways-cyberporn-damages-marriage/